The Mansion is a state-owned property managed by the Daly Mansion Preservation Trust in partnership with The University of Montana
About the Daly Mansion Preservation Trust
The Daly Mansion was purchased by the State of Montana in 1986 through the Montana Estate Tax Forgiveness Act, in conjunction with a loan from the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It is operated by the Daly Mansion Preservation Trust (DMPT), which was started in 1986 by a band of courageous citizens determined to save history.
In partnership with the University of Montana, the State of Montana leases the Mansion and approximately 50 acres of grounds to the DMPT. The DMPT is charged with the full financial responsibility of the Mansion which includes salaries, maintenance, and operation costs.
The DMPT does not receive any regular operational support, at this time, from either the State or the Federal Government. The Mansion was first opened to the public in May 1987, after being closed and boarded up for over 40 years following Margaret Daly's death in 1941.
"The Daly Mansion Preservation Trust is dedicated to preserving and interpreting the Daly Mansion, its buildings, grounds and the history they convey. It is a center for education, cultural and community activities."
Board of Directors
Royce McCarty Matt Riley Sue McCormack
Jennifer Ray Phil Connelly Robert Gibson Virginia Rogers
Quarterlys for 2018:
Annual Meeting - January 17, 2018
Held at 5pm at the Mansion. For information please call 363-6004 4#
Darlene Gould, Executive Director
April Westberry, Events Coordinator
Darlene Gould, Volunteer Coordinator
The Daly Mansion is located in the heart of the Bitterroot Valley, just outside the town of Hamilton, Montana. (Approximately 45 miles south of Missoula, Montana on Highway 269, at mile marker 2)